Don’t go to the store to buy a generic mousepad. With this build, you can make a simple, customized one for about $5.
Stuff you’ll need:
- Soft cloth (this is where the customization comes in, choose whatever patterns and colors you want)
How to do it:
- Cut the cloth to the size and shape you want
- Cut the cardboard to the same size and shape, but give it about a half inch less around the edges than the cloth
- Place the cloth over the cardboard
- Fold the excess edges over the rear of the cardboard
- Tape the edges down (or glue) over the cardboard and make sure it’s snug
Ready to go. Cloth makes a great surface area for optical (laser) mice, so it works just like a regular mousepad. You can add some sort of padding to grip it to your desk if you need it.